Supervision is a common journey for the supervisor and the supervised person with many challenges, difficulties and developments. However, on this journey, supervisor’s education can take a leading role, many factors are required to enable the supervisor to support and provide the counseling or psychotherapist's service. The purpose of supervision is the supervised person to explore the nature of counseling and psychotherapy, his capabilities and possibilities, and through his own introspection, to learn how to understand the challenges and risks of his position.
Roots Wellness Center provides clinical supervision to students and mental health professionals in both English and Greek, aiming at the development of the knowledge and skills of each individual. Based on the ethical framework of the profession, we offer training and guidance services utilizing all the particular characteristics of each one.
In particular, our supervision services contributes to:
- • taking clients history
- • exploring and coping with therapeutic challenges
- • creating and supporting the therapeutic relationship
- • developing of the personal therapeutic style of each individual
- • improving of therapeutic intervention skills
- • managing of difficulties during the psychotherapeutic procedure
- • supporting and guidance of the therapist's professional goals
- • Learning and following the ethical framework.
Roots supervision sessions are being performed, either individually or in groups, in safe and pleasant spaces in Anixi, Kallithea and Ambelokipi based on the synthetic psychotherapeutic approach and providing appropriate educational material. Additionally, our team systematically organizes seminars and educational content groups with theoretical material and practice.